Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Day

All I wanted for Christmas never materialized but such is life.....sometimes we have to accept the things we cannot change and make the best of life......but then again perhaps it will be granted, what is hope but a belief in a positive outcome to event's in one's life after they make the necessary changes for the better.....

“To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.”





This is the best day of the year, family, good cheer, good friends and good food.  The holidays is always when I cook everything under the sun.  Christmas dinner always consists of Turkey, stuffing, cranberries, meatballs, cabbage rolls, perogy's, kielbasa, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad and of course the crescent rolls.

This Christmas isn't anything different, now I'm not Ukrainian  but it was a tradition of my children's paternal grandfather and is something I adopted into my Christmas.  I'm half English, my mother (warbride) and half  Dutch (dating back to the 1600's). Yes my father's family has been in Canada since the 1600's.

Today my two sons, my daughter and one of my sons girlfriends will partake of the delicious spread set out before us.  To everyone everywhere I wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year......

No comments:

Post a Comment